Monday, December 21, 2009

Spicy Pretzels

My friend Stephanie shared this recipe with us a few years ago. It is FABULOUS. The only bad part of the recipe is the wait. You can start eating them immediately--but you really shouldn't. They are so much better once they've "marinated" a bit.


Take gallon ziploc bag and add

3/4-1 cup of OLIVE oil

1 package of dry Ranch dip

1 tsp of lemon pepper

1 tsp of garlic powder (do not use garlic salt)

3/4-1 tsp of cayenne pepper

Mix that around....and then add a bag of pretzels. I usually add pretzels to the top of the bag and then toss bag around and mix up. Every 20 mins or so, move the bag around to mix up the seasoning.

They are best the longer they sit so if you want them for a party tomorrow, make them tonight or early tomorrow am.

Notes from Steph: I think the best pretzels to use are Kroger WINDOW shaped pretzels. I know Rold Gold puts out a Xmas pretzel, which I think are at Walmart and I hate going there..but I usually do a bag of window pretzels and then some of the Rold Gold twists.

I do not like Snyder pretzels...they do not hold the coating well and they have hardly any salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment